If what you choose to eat on vacation is as important to you as what you do, then San Diego restaurants will be far from disappointing. With a great mix of both hole-in-the-wall gems and urban or coastal fine dining restaurants, your food-loving desires will be appeased in this ideal Southern California destination. An experience you can’t miss while visiting this city is grabbing a bite to eat on the Pacific Coast at one of the best San Diego restaurants that are serving up fine delicacies with a side of salt air and crashing waves.
The Best Seaside San Diego Restaurants
- The Marine Room offers one of the most unique dining experiences not just in San Diego, but the world. This fine dining restaurant sits not only on the beach, but so close to the water that when high tide comes in the waves crash up against the 3-inch windows for a meal that is truly at sea. This has been a favorite among both locals and visitors since the 1940s.
- Brockton Villa is an old beach cottage turned fine dining restaurant. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner every day with an ever-changing seasonal menu that is absolutely exquisite, with a charming atmosphere to go along with it.
- Chandler’s is the place to enjoy locally-sourced fare in a casual California-style dining environment. Take in the view from one of the many weather-protected patios, or kick back at the indoor dining room at Chandler’s.
- Island Prime is serving up San Diego’s best surf and turf. Stilted above the San Diego Bay, there is no better place to get fresh fish and a great view of the city skyline. Whether you’re coming to soak up the rays in the sunny dining room or in the evening to enjoy the city lights, a trip to Island Prime is always a treat.
- CUSP can be found on the 11th floor of Hotel La Jolla, where a laid back ambiance meets beautifully crafted dishes and drinks, and unmatched panoramas of the Pacific Ocean. Whether you’re looking for a fancy night out or a kick-back happy hour, CUSP is a great option.
- The Ocean Terrace at George’s at the Cove has outstanding ocean views. You can grab a table for a meal by one of San Diego’s most celebrated chefs, or pull up a seat at the bar for a fantastic cocktail or local beer.
- Jake’s Del Mar is perched above the sandy beach in nearby Del Mar, CA. With beachside outdoor seating, and both dining room and bar menus, this is a great place to grab a bite any time of day.
Being that this urban center is on the ocean, it’s not difficult to find San Diego restaurants either on the water or with breathtaking views. Many restaurantants incorporate the natural landscape into their overall atmosphere, making the meal all the more intriguing and enjoyable.
If you’re looking for places to stay on your trip to Southern California, check out these unbelievable vacation rentals in the area, and get digs that feel like home.