Just 12 miles from Los Angeles International Airport, Santa Monica is a beautiful beach community. An eclectic mix of L.A. glitz and laid-back surf culture with a dollop of whimsy, Santa Monica offers plenty of exciting activities for all ages – and it’s a great place for celebrity sightings!
Santa Monica vacationers will find plenty of fun things to do, many of them low cost or free.
- Go to the beach; wiggle your toes in the golden sand and splash in the Pacific Ocean.
- Spend the afternoon people-watching and checking out the street performers on Santa Monica Pier, the oldest pier on the West Coast.
- Sit on the pier and watch the nightly computer-synched light show as the 130-foot-high Pacific Wheel, the world’s only solar-powered Ferris wheel, revolves overhead. If you want to ride the wheel and the coasters, admission to Pacific Park amusement park is free and rides are reasonably priced.
- Go window shopping along the Third Street Promenade, a 30-block stretch of cute boutiques, specialty shops, cafes and an eclectic assortment of restaurants. You can drop some change here, but window shopping is free. Best place to find the perfect souvenir.
- Enjoy scenic ocean views as you stroll through Palisades Park. The park is also a great place for a run or bike ride.
Visit iTrip.net to start planning your Santa Monica vacation today!