Couples Travel: Plan a Smoky Mountain Wedding in Tennessee
The scenic beauty of the Smoky Mountains makes Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Wears Valley popular places for weddings. Couples will find chapels located throughout the area, and nature provides a scenic backdrop for memorable photos. Weddings have become so popular here that the area even offers a Smoky Mountains Wedding Association. This group serves Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and Townsend, and helps brides plan their perfect day. To help get started with a Smoky Mountain wedding, here are some ideas.
10 Smoky Mountain Wedding Ideas
- Get married in a charming country chapel tucked in a forest glen or sitting high on a mountain top.
- Say your vows in front of a sparkling waterfall. Read about the Great Smoky Mountains National Park waterfalls.
- Have a rustic wedding in a comfy log cabin chapel.
- Walk down the aisle in a green meadow dotted with wildflowers.
- Say your “I dos” on the spacious grassy banks of a burbling river.
- Start your life together in a garden gazebo surrounded by flowers.
- Wed surrounded by colorful fish at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies.
- Tie the knot at the top of the world in Gatlinburg’s 342-foot tall space needle.
- Get married in style in the Grand Ballroom of the Titanic at Gatlinburg’s Titanic Museum.
- Enjoy a quick wedding at a drive-thru chapel and never leave the car.
Overview of Services
Many consider the Great Smoky Mountains the wedding capital of the South. These mountain cities offer full wedding services, and numerous reception venues are available from themed restaurants and beautiful hotels to elegant private mansions and upscale party barns. Whether couples want a small low-key celebration, action-packed adventure or event fit for a king, they find it here.
In addition to venues and picturesque settings, those planning a Smoky Mountain wedding also have access to caterers, performers, spas, resorts, florists, bakers, salons and ministers who will perform the ceremony at any site.