Clearwater Jazz Festival: Add Music and Style to Fall Break
Mild temps, sunshine and talented jazz musicians make fall the perfect time to attend the Clearwater Jazz Festival. This well known event takes place on the beach, and not just any beach. Clearwater Beach ranks among the best beaches in the U.S., according to TripAdvisor. Ready for a good time? Get the scoop on the Clearwater Jazz Fest:
Clearwater Jazz Festival: Info and Things to Do
Held on the waterfront at Coachman Park in downtown Clearwater, the Clearwater Jazz Holiday is recognized as one of the world’s premier jazz events. The four-day weekend event draws over 35,000 music lovers to listen to national and regional artists and popular local jazz musicians. During its long history — over 35 years — the festival has showcased top names in entertainment, including Buddy Rich, Dizzy Gillespie, Buddy Guy, Earth, Wind and Fire, Chicago and Bonnie Raitt, to name a few. The lineup changes every year, meaning visitors will never see the same show twice.
Order tickets online, and general admission, reserved seating and VIP packages are available. Here are a few things to know:
- Clearwater Jazz Holiday occurs every October.
- Bring lawn chairs and blankets. The entire event occurs outdoors, so stay comfy. Those who choose reserved seating do not need a chair.
- Outside food and drinks are not permitted. Instead, purchase meals, treats and refreshments from local vendors. Water, sodas, beer and wine are available.
- Plan to pay for parking. Several nearby garages offer parking for the event.
- Leave pets at home. Only service dogs may attend with owners.
- The event is hosted and supported by Clearwater Jazz Holiday Foundation. The organization raises awareness and promotes education through jazz music and related events.
- Don’t forget the camera. In addition to concerts, catch awesome beachfront sunsets.
Plan early and save. View Clearwater vacation rentals.
Can’t make this event? Find other Clearwater-St. Pete fall events for the family.