5 Things to Do on Santa Monica Pier and Other Activities
California’s favorite playground, Santa Monica offers an exciting mix of breathtaking scenery, amusement park fun and boutique chic. During a Santa Monica vacation, guests can relax in the sun and splash in the cool waters of the Pacific Ocean on Santa Monica Beach. However, one top attraction draws people from all over — the Santa Monica Pier. Find things to do at the pier and other fun Santa Monica activities.
About Santa Monica Pier, Things to Do
A must for all visitors, Santa Monica Pier is over 100 years old and a California icon. Street performers roam the area entertaining visitors, while shops and street vendors tempt souvenir shoppers. Food vendors and cafes offer everything from fish tacos to juicy burgers. Santa Monica Pier is also home to several major attractions. Don’t miss these top sites:
- Pacific Park Family Amusement Park
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
- The Historic Carousel
- Trapeze School
- Playland Arcade
Other Activities and Sites
Whether staying for a weekend or month, Santa Monica offers lots of other fun activities. Enjoy California living and make memories as you mark these off the bucket list:
- Rent bikes or skates and cruise the boardwalk down to Muscle Beach to watch the body builders work out.
- Watch the surfers while building sandcastles on Venice Beach.
- Poke through cute shops and charming boutiques, or catch a movie at Third Street Promenade.
- Take a day trip into the magnificent Santa Monica Mountains and enjoy the breathtaking views.
- Watch the ocean while biking or walking through Palisades Park.
- Keep an eye out for celebrities while dining in one of the cafes and restaurants that line Montana Avenue.
- Tour the art galleries at Begamot Station.
- Cuddle close while you watch a spectacular sunset from the deck of your charming Santa Monica Beach house rental.
- Indulge in everyone’s favorite Santa Monica pastime – people watching!