Our pets are more than companions; they’re part of the family. Nearly 73 million American households have a pet. We dress our pets up on Halloween, buy them sweaters to keep them warm, celebrate their birthdays, and slip a few presents to Fido and Muffin under the tree on Christmas. Americans spent $50.96 billion on their pets last year and are on track to spend nearly $53 billion this year! Our pets have become such an integral part of our lives that many families are appalled at the thought of leaving their dog or cat in a kennel when they go on vacation. Beautiful vacation rentals on iTrip.net offer the perfect solution.
A number of the vacation rentals available on iTrip.net are pet-friendly, allowing you to bring Rover along to join the fun. If you’re planning to spend the holidays in the mountains, check out this charming Smoky Mountain cabin rental in Townsend, Tennessee. The 2-bedroom, 2-bath cabin sleeps 6, making it big enough for the whole family – Rover included! The beautiful mountain location means a few exuberant barks won’t annoy the neighbors. And there are plenty of nearby trails where you and your pal can enjoy long walks in the woods.
Taking your pet along with you when you go on vacation can add to your pleasure, but a little planning is in order to make sure things go smoothly.
- Accustom your pet to traveling by taking short trips around your neighborhood. If you plan to fly, crate your pet during short drives and during sleep periods.
- Take along your pet’s favorite food and toys.
- Make sure your pet is wearing identification tags that include your destination address and cell phone number.
- Before traveling, make sure your pet is up-to-date on all his shots and carry proof with you.
- Exercise your pet well before traveling to keep him calm and relaxed.