Clearwater Beach is no stranger to garnering praise as a top vacation destination. The city on the Gulf Coast of Florida is home to a Conde Nast Traveler top ten resort destination for six consecutive years. In 2013 Clearwater was voted the best beach town in Florida in a USA Today reader’s survey. The inhabitants certainly weren’t surprised to hear that. They have known it for a long time.
The survey result is probably due to the year round activities and near perfect weather that keeps people of all ages coming back to this spot on Florida’s left coast. Here are just a few:
- Major League Baseball – February is when the Philadelphia Phillies become the Clearwater Phillies in Spring Training. Bright house field has great views of major leaguers up close and be sure to visit the Tiki bar.
- Sunsets at Pier 60 - Every night the four hour celebration features local artists and live music to ring in the evening that will match your day in fun and relaxation.
- Blast Friday - Every last Friday of the month a downtown festival breaks out with food, drink and entertainment on tap.
- The October Jazz festival - October 17-20 this annual international event is well worth the trip for Jazz fans and those who may become one.
- Light it up Clearwater - Want to go to a different kind of New Year’s Eve Party? Go to Clearwater for the best fireworks show you’ll see over the beautiful gulf shores ocean instead of the cold damp crowded streets of New York.
- Ecotourism -This area is home to countless species of fish, birds and other wildlife – truly an ecotourist’s delight.
Stop by the iTrip website and look through our Clearwater rental properties today. You’re sure to find the perfect home away from home in the Best Beach town in Florida.