When school vacations and holidays coincide, families head for Orlando, Florida. Disney World, Universal Orlando, Sea World and a host of other family-friendly attractions make Orlando a perennial family vacation favorite. Orlando and Central Florida have much to offer outside major amusement parks.
If you are planning to surprise the family with an Orlando vacation during the upcoming holidays, you’ll want to check out the Orlando Sentinel’s annual list of Best Bets, the best of the best of everything – dining, shopping, entertainment and attractions — in Central Florida.
During your next Orlando vacation, try these Best Bet eats:
- Best local chain restaurant: There is nothing ordinary about Seasons 52 Bar & Grill. Its seasonally-inspired menu features fresh, locally-sourced ingredients, natural cooking techniques and an award-winning wine list.
- Best brunch: Start the day with a hearty breakfast at First Watch Daytime Café. Eggs anyway you want them, fluffy crepes and unique breakfast sandwich creations – this sunny café has all your breakfast favorites.
- Best pizza: When you don’t feel like cooking, order a pie from Antonio’s Ristorante. Authentic Italian cuisine from Tuscany, makes Antonio’s the perfect choice when you crave Italian. Save room for dessert; their pastries are exceptional.
- Best sub sandwich: If you’re headed for the coast for a day at the beach, stop by Publix Supermarket and pick up a couple of their incredible specialty subs and wraps from the deli. They also make custom sandwiches and subs.
- Best ocean cuisine: Surrounded by some of the world’s best fishing grounds, it’s not surprising that fresh seafood is a staple of Florida restaurant menus; but Bonefish Grill takes seafood to new heights. The restaurant’s inspired chef does amazing things with a wood-burning grill and fresh-caught seafood.
You’ll find Best Bet Orlando vacation rentals on iTrip.net. Book yours today!
Next time: Orlando Best Bet attractions