Father’s Day isn’t far off (mark your calendar for Sunday, June 16) which doesn’t give you much time to figure out a great way to tell Dad how much he means to you. Dads are notoriously hard to shop for. If they need something, they go out and buy it leaving most of us to fall back on the 3 Ts – Ties, Tools and Tackle (or Tees, if Dad prefers golf to fishing) – when shopping for Dad’s Day gifts. Vow to make this year different. Instead of another tie (ho hum) or box of golf balls (he already has enough to last well into retirement), surprise your dad with a special weekend trip to indulge his favorite pastime or experience something new and exciting.
Experiential gifts are the perfect choice for the man who has everything. Most fathers don’t really need (or want) more “stuff,” but every dad can use a few more special memories. Use iTrip.net to start planning your Father’s Day surprise now. Send dad off to have fun with his buddies or take the whole family along to fete dad. Whether you plan a weekend getaway for the guys or week-long family vacation, you’ll find the perfect vacation rentals in the perfect vacation spots on iTrip.net.
Use these suggestions as a starting point for creating the perfect Father’s Day travel experience for your dad:
- If dad is a wine connoisseur, plan a wine tasting tour of northern California’s Sonoma County vineyards.
- Book a Destin, Florida charter for a day of deep sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Send dad fly-fishing in Vail, Colorado or whitewater rafting in Breckenridge.
- Invite dad to spend a guilt-free weekend on the links at Palm Desert, California’s storied golf resorts.
- If dad’s a history buff, visit Civil War landmarks in historic Charleston, South Carolina.