Just south of San Francisco, the Monterey Peninsula is renowned for its rocky, coastal scenery and stunning views of Monterey Bay and Pacific Ocean beyond its sheltered waters. Charming beach towns, fabulous wineries, championship golf courses, delightful marine wildlife, the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, historic Cannery Row, the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and Fisherman’s Wharf offer many lovely ways to spend the day during a Monterey Bay vacation. But sampling the taste-tempting fare of Monterey’s many fine restaurants is one of the more delicious pleasures of vacationing on Monterey Bay.
Whether your tastes run to elegant gourmet dinners with white linens and candlelight or breezy al fresco luncheons on a patio overlooking the bay, you’ll find the ambience and cuisine you seek at Monterey’s many excellent restaurants.
- Loulou’s Griddle in the Middle on Muni Wharf 2 is the perfect spot for brunch or lunch on the beach. Quick and friendly service, generous portions and a great chef have put this casual beachfront diner on the culinary map.
- Compagno’s Market & Deli, 2000 Prescott Ave., is the place to pick up picnic sandwiches and fixings for a day at the beach or a drive along the coast to watch the seals and sea otters.
- Paris Bakery Café, 271 Bonifacio Pl., has fabulous croissants, baguettes, French pastries and more. Stock the kitchen of your Monterey Bay vacation rental with these tasty treats for early morning and late night munching.
- Monterey Fish House, 2114 Del Monte Ave., serves excellent seafood but call ahead for reservations. The fresh-caught daily specials are fabulous.
- Montrio Bistro, 414 Calle Principal, offers an expertly-prepared, sophisticated and imaginative menu that features locally-sourced, organic ingredients and local wines for an exceptional dining experience.
Enjoy the many succulent tastes of Monterey’s wonderful restaurants; book your Monterey Bay vacation rental on iTrip.net today.