AARP Names Top 10 U.S. Vacation Destinations
Looking for a great place for your next vacation? AARP has just released its 10 most popular vacation destinations in the U.S. From the Atlantic to the Pacific, we live in a land of incredible variety and spectacular beauty; but Alexis Flippin of Frommer’s Travel managed to pick 10 must-see vacation destinations from the thousands of exciting cities and majestic landscapes that America has to offer.
- Napa Valley and Sonoma County are the heart of Northern California’s Wine Country. Rolling hills covered with grapevines are dotted with charming wineries where vintners invite Sonoma County vacationers to chat and relax over a glass of wine. Stay in our elegant Sonoma County estate rental and plan your own wine country tour with friends.
- The jungle-covered volcanic cliffs of the Na Pali Coast on the island of Kauai, Hawaii are dramatic but only reachable by helicopter or boat. Known as the Valley Isle, nearby Maui offers similarly impressive but far more accessible scenery. Stay in a luxurious Maui vacation rental on the famous Kaanapali coast so you can enjoy Maui’s exquisite beaches but make time for day trips to the lush Iao Valley and volcanic Haleakala National Park.
- Follow in the footsteps of our founding fathers as you walk Massachusetts’ Freedom Trail in Boston. Explore colonial life as you tour historical sites that defined our nation’s birth.
- Bring your appetite when you visit Louisiana’s Cajun Country. Dancing to the fast-paced zydeco beat will help you work up an appetite for the area’s spicy gumbos and jambalaya.
- Visit Texas hill country in the spring when the bluebonnets bloom and the landscape is carpeted in an undulating sea of brilliant blue flowers as far as the eye can see. Silvery rivers are perfect for picnics or a lazy afternoon of fishing.
Next time: 5 more great American travel destinations