With hundreds of beautiful national parks and thousands of exciting cities, the U.S. offers a plentitude of wonderful vacation destinations to explore. The choices can be overwhelming, but a new list of the 10 most popular U.S. vacation destinations recently issued by AARP at least provides a starting point.
In our previous post we reviewed 5 fabulous vacation destinations in the U.S.; here are 5 more:
- The Red Rock Canyonlands of Utah and Arizona offer an otherworldly landscape to explore. Carved by wind and water, ancient red sandstone spires, bridges and monoliths create a breathtaking backdrop for amateur photographers.
- The sprawling wilderness of Big Sky Country in Montana and Wyoming has a majesty unparalleled in the U.S. From the snow-covered grandeur of the Rocky Mountains to the silvery trout-filled streams that cross the wide valleys, Big Sky Country is filled with awe-inspiring scenic vistas.
- History comes alive in Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia. Take a carriage ride down Charleston’s cobblestone streets past gracious antebellum homes from another era. Stately old oaks dripping in Spanish moss transport vacationers back in time, but Charleston’s modern sensibilities are evident in its smart shops and excellent restaurants. Beautiful Charleston vacation rentals invite vacationers to relax and indulge themselves in the southern comfort food and the beauty of the low country.
- Calving glaciers, mighty mountains and rocky fjords make a vacation to the Alaska Coast a unique experience unlike anything available in the lower 48. The opportunity to observe breaching humpback whales, sea otters, seals and puffins make a whale cruise a must-do during your visit.
- A vacation to sun-drenched Miami and the Florida Keys is the perfect antidote to winter. Beautiful beaches beckon during the day, but the night is for dancing to the Latin beat and sampling the spicy Cuban cuisine. Luxurious Miami beach rentals from iTrip.net put you right on the beach!